Think ChocoSol is the best? Vote for us in NOW’s Best of T.O. Reader’s Choice. #NOWBestof
We’ve been nominated for Best Chocolate and you can vote until September 12. Just click on our name and hit Cast Your Vote: http://bestof.nowtoronto.com/2014/nominees.cfm?category=158&subcategory=1491
Thanks for your support!
ChocoSol will be part of this year’s Veg Food Fest!
Harbourfront Centre, September 5 to 7, FREE admission!
Stay tuned for more details and our booth location!
Happy long weekend!! Our kitchen location (1131 St. Clair West) will be closed to the public on Monday, September 1 for Labour Day…
BUT you can still find us on Monday at Sorauren Farmers’ Market.
PLUS, you can find us on Saturday and Sunday at our kitchen location and at our usual farmers’ markets, and on Sunday at Pedestrian Sunday Kensington.
Celebrate the long weekend with ChocoSol at Pedestrian Sunday Kensington! We’ll be in front of 4 Life Natural Foods (Augusta at Nassau).
PSK’s official hours are noon to 7: http://www.pskensington.ca/
The Wild Blueberry Festival is here! Join us on Sunday at Evergreen Brick Works (10 to 3).
Full event details: http://www.evergreen.ca/whats-on/event-details/10217
Just for the festival, we’ll be serving up a blueberry cacao smoothie and fresh corn tortillas with blueberry coulis and chocolate.
Want to make them at home? Here’s how:
ChocoSol’s Blueberry Cacao Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 Tbsp hemp seed
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp chia seeds
- Raw or roasted ChocoSol cacao nibs (to sprinkle)
- Blend together the first five ingredients (blueberries, hemp seed, ice, maple syrup, and chia seeds)
- Sprinkle with raw or roasted cacao nibs
- Yields: 2 cups
Tortilla Project’s Blueberry Coulis
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water – divided
- 2 tsp amaranth flour
- In a small saucepan, bring blueberries, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp water to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine amaranth flower with 1 Tbsp water to form a thickening mixture. Stir the amaranth mixture into the blueberry mixture. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened, carefully stirring into blueberries mixture with a fork. Remove from heat and let cool completely before pouring onto tortillas (or other food dish).
- Yields: ½ cup
ChocoSol will be at the Anthropologie Pop-Up Market this Saturday (August 23) from 10 to 2 at 78 Yorkville Avenue!
Come by for some delicious and healthy chocolate, cacao goods, and coffee.