We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the ChocoSol team as a Finance and Administration Assistant. This is a part-time 3 month contract position with the potential for developing into a longer-term position for the right candidate.
ChocoSol is a Learning Community Social Enterprise that makes the ‘food of the gods’ – commonly known as cacao – into fresh, whole food, stone ground chocolate. ChocoSol’s cacao is sourced directly from farmers in Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Ecuador, and then processed bean-to-bar at our St Clair Avenue West facility. We run many in-house events, workshops, and tours, as well as participating in a few dozen external community events every year.
Because this position supports Accounts Payable, a comfort with numbers, data entry, and spreadsheets is necessary. The successful candidate will have experience with accounting practices and QuickBooks Enterprise.
This is an ideal position for an ecologically-minded business/finance/accounting student looking to apply their academic studies in a growing, dynamic, and sustainability focused social enterprise.
- Performing data entry related to Accounts Payable
- Separating HST from Accounts Payable
- Inputting invoices into QuickBooks Enterprise
- Streamlining the bookkeeping reconciliation process (e.g., preparing books on a weekly basis to ensure smooth monthly reconciliation)
- Studied/currently studying business, finance, and/or accounting
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Experience with designing Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets spreadsheets
- A genuine interest in financial accounts with respect to how they relate to B Corp certification, Feast On certification, Slow Food values, and Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) credits
- A passion for ecology, sustainability, and supporting local food systems
- Fluency in Spanish an asset
3 month contract will be: 2 – 3 half days per week (8 – 12 hours per week) for $15/hour. There is potential for this position to develop into a longer-term role for the right candidate.
Anticipated Start date: September 2017 (start date flexible)
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to email@example.com by Friday, August 22, 2017. Thank-you for your interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We receive many applications and cannot respond to all in-person, telephone, and e-mail follow-ups.
Chocosol Traders is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Chocosol is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Byron@chocosoltraders.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.