We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the ChocoSol team as an Administration and Hospitality Animator. This is a full-time 1 year contract position with additional benefits offered at 6 months upon a successful performance review. We are looking for someone with a long-term commitment to the business beyond the contract period if the fit is right. ChocoSol is an organization passionate about developing long-term relationships with our own staff, local community partners, and our international horizontal trading network.
ChocoSol is a Learning Community Social Enterprise that makes the ‘food of the gods’ – commonly known as cacao – into fresh, whole food, stone ground chocolate. ChocoSol’s cacao is sourced directly from farmers in Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Ecuador, and then processed bean-to-bar at our St Clair Avenue West facility. We run many in-house events, workshops, and tours, as well as participating in a few dozen external community events every year.
We are looking for someone organized, dependable, and creative to support us in the strengthening and streamlining of our office rituals. This position acts as a communication hub for the office within the organization. We want a qualified candidate interested in joining our community as well as the business.
Daily duties will include, but not be limited to: managing the general email account, event planning and scheduling, supporting the development and maintenance of accurate payroll and employee files, managing office supplies, assisting in applying for grants and certifications, and managing Accounts Payable. Must be able to work independently, and have an inherent desire to constantly improve systems. Must be able to work effectively in a busy shared office and prioritize many tasks and deadlines.
Because this position handles Accounts Payable (with the support of a monthly consultant accountant), a comfort with numbers and spreadsheets is necessary. Ideally the candidate will have previous budgeting and accounting experience with Quickbooks Enterprise.
For the right candidate this is an opportunity to be brought into the Executive Team of a growing, dynamic, sustainability focused enterprise.
- Answer the general Information email account professionally and in an organized and timely manner
- respond to customer questions
- re-direct to appropriate departments
- compile a task list of action items
- communicate clearly and effectively with executive staff
- office supplies: maintaining inventory and restocking as needed
- organize linens for pickup and for events
- Receiving and filling out forms for special events
- general information handling
- confirm offerings/menu items
- request and send out certificates of insurance
- enter information accurately into Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets
- Google Drive savvy
- proficiency with Gmail
- Google calendar events: entering, updating, and scheduling invitations
- update organizational Google docs for team sharing
- Bookkeeping basics
- pay vendors
- log payments correctly in Quickbooks
- maintaining organized files for monthly reconciliation with the accountant
- Filing and organizational skills
- organize and label files
- search for information in a filing system and improve current filing system
- maintain legal documents and be aware of legal retention periods
- Cleanliness and general cleaning
- share in facility cleaning duties on a monthly basis (sweep, mop, bathroom cleaning)
- Customer relations that are warm, helpful, and enthusiastic
- knowledgeable about ChocoSol: products, processes, etc.
- take the time to answer questions patiently and helpfully
- Sorting incoming mail
- 2 years experience with office administration
- Proficiency in Word, Google sheets, data entry
- Effective organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for our social enterprise
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends since we run many events during those hours
- Fluency in Spanish an asset
- Food handling certification an asset
- Cycling skills an asset
1 year contract will be: 5 days per week (37.5 hour work week)
Compensation: Monthly salary of $2672.24
Start date: ASAP
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 9, 2017. Thank-you for your interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We receive many applications and cannot respond to all in-person, telephone, and e-mail follow-ups.
Chocosol Traders is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Chocosol is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Byron@chocosoltraders.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.