WE ARE HIRING!
JOB POSTING: MARKET WARRIOR (PDF VERSION)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the ChocoSol team as a Market Warrior at various farmers markets and special events.
Who We Are
ChocoSol is a Learning Community Social Enterprise that focuses on making the ‘food of the gods’ – commonly known as cacao – into fresh, whole food, stone ground chocolate on an artisanal scale.
Our artisanal chocolate is a symbol that embodies our values of socially just, ecological chocolate made, not only with a ‘cradle to cradle’ approach, but also charged with the use of bicycle-powered product deliveries and pedal-powered machines such as bicycle blenders at farmers’ markets and special events.
In addition to producing sustainable artisanal chocolate, ChocoSol also organizes and hosts chocolate and tortilla events all over the city. We offer educational workshops and catering. And we work collaboratively with many food and environmental organizations to advance and support local food systems and development of products made in Ontario.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Promote retail sales using effective sales strategies.
- Accurate cash, credit and debit card handling (includes cashing in and out).
- Provide hospitality to customers.
- Communicate your knowledge to customers about ChocoSol products and production methods, the business model, upcoming events, wholesale opportunities, etc.
- Make customers feel valued, listened to, and welcomed into our community.
- Brew and serve coffee to promote ChocoSol’s low-emission coffee beans.
- Make extraordinary xocolatl (Mexican chocolate drinks) and Mayan mochas (chocolate & coffee blend).
- Administrative/Organizational Duties
- Regularly check work e-mails. Respond & follow-up in a timely manner.
- Actively engage with Google Drive (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.) to effectively communicate with Lead Animators regarding scheduling, sick/vacation time, submitting hours worked, etc.
- Hygiene and General Cleaning
- Maintain personal hygiene and uphold food handling safety standards.
- Ensure that all workspace, kitchen and market equipment are routinely washed and sanitized after each shift.
- Sales experience
- Urban cycling skills:
- Knowledge of (or willingness to learn how to use) pedal-assist bike systems
- Comfort in riding with a fully loaded trailer attached behind a bike
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for what we do
- Helpfulness and open heart to assist and be ready
- Common sense to take appropriate initiatives and ask for help or enter into co-motion
- Co-motion and contagion, that is to say the ongoing process of learning and living and flourishing
- Conviviality fun and social composting
- Hospitality of serving a greater purpose and hosting it in our lives and in our work
- Additional assets:
- G2 or G level driver’s licence
- Familiarity with driving manual transmission car
- City of Toronto Food Handling Certification
- Fluency in Spanish
Work hours: Part-time seasonal (April to October) with possibility of extension.
Anticipated start date: April 1, 2017
How to apply:
Send cover letter & resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 18, 2017. Thank-you for your interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We receive many applications and cannot respond to all in-person, telephone, and e-mail follow-ups.
Chocosol Traders is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Chocosol is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Byron@chocosoltraders.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.