ChocoSol is hiring!
JOB POSTING: FRONT OF HOUSE SALES ANIMATOR (PDF VERSION)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join the ChocoSol team as Front of House Sales Animator.
ChocoSol is a Learning Community Social Enterprise that focuses on making the ‘food of the gods’ – commonly known as cacao – into fresh, whole food, stone ground chocolate on an artisanal scale.
Our artisanal chocolate is a symbol that embodies our values of socially just, ecological chocolate made, not only with a ‘cradle to cradle’ approach, but also charged with the use of bicycle-powered product deliveries and pedal-powered machines such as bicycle blenders at farmers’ markets and special events.
In addition to producing sustainable artisanal chocolate, ChocoSol also organizes and hosts chocolate and tortilla events all over the city. We offer educational workshops and catering, organize seminars and pedal-powered concerts and events, and work collaboratively with many food and environmental organizations to advance and support local food systems and development of products made in Ontario.
- Promote retail sales using effective sales strategies.
- Communicate your knowledge to customers about ChocoSol products, the business model, farmers markets, wholesale opportunities, etc.
- Accurate cash handling, including cashing in and out.
- Use of POS system to log all sales.
- Use of Moneris system to process credit/debit card transactions.
- Support wholesale team by filling orders and gathering contacts from potential wholesale clients.
- Support ChocoSol’s growth by actively engaging in the opportunity to develop and improve our storefront space.
- Provide hospitality to guests & customers entering the space and to people contacting ChocoSol by phone.
- Make customers feel valued, listened to, and welcomed to our community.
- Brew and serve coffee to promote ChocoSol’s low-emission coffee beans.
- Make extraordinary xocolatl (Mexican chocolate drinks) and Mayan mochas (chocolate & coffee blend).
- Wrapping chocolate
- Support production by wrapping, stickering, and boxing chocolate bars.
- Wrap all chocolate according to protocol to ensure that packaging is clean, standardized, and aesthetically pleasing.
- Cleanliness and general cleaning
- Ensure that the storefront space & equipment is routinely cleaned, organized, and sanitized.
- Share in cleaning duties (sweep, mop, bathroom cleaning).
- Maintain personal hygiene to a standard that is suitable for the food service/hospitality industry.
- Administrative/Organizational Duties
- Regularly check work e-mails. Respond & follow-up in a timely manner.
- Actively engage with Google Drive (Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc.) to effectively communicate with Lead Animators regarding scheduling, sick/vacation time, submitting hours worked, etc.
- Sales experience
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm for what we do
- Helpfulness and open heart to assist and be ready
- Common sense to take appropriate initiatives and ask for help or enter into co-motion
- Co-motion and contagion, that is to say the ongoing process of learning and living and flourishing
- Conviviality fun and social composting
- Hospitality of serving a greater purpose and hosting it in our lives and in our work
- Additional assets:
- Food handling certification
- Chocolate making experience
- Bakery experience
- Fluency in Spanish
- Urban cycling skills
- G2 or G level driver’s licence
Work days/hours: Approximately 4 days per week (32 hours/week)
Anticipated start date: March 1, 2017
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2017. Thank-you for your interest, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. We receive many applications and cannot respond to all in-person, telephone, and e-mail follow-ups.
Chocosol Traders is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Chocosol is committed to working with and providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Byron@chocosoltraders.com. We will make a determination on your request for accommodation on a case-by-case basis.