The Wild Blueberry Festival is here! Join us on Sunday at Evergreen Brick Works (10 to 3).
Full event details: http://www.evergreen.ca/whats-on/event-details/10217
Just for the festival, we’ll be serving up a blueberry cacao smoothie and fresh corn tortillas with blueberry coulis and chocolate.
Want to make them at home? Here’s how:
ChocoSol’s Blueberry Cacao Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 3 Tbsp hemp seed
- 1 cup ice water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1½ tsp chia seeds
- Raw or roasted ChocoSol cacao nibs (to sprinkle)
- Blend together the first five ingredients (blueberries, hemp seed, ice, maple syrup, and chia seeds)
- Sprinkle with raw or roasted cacao nibs
- Yields: 2 cups
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water – divided
- 2 tsp amaranth flour
- In a small saucepan, bring blueberries, maple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and 1 Tbsp water to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine amaranth flower with 1 Tbsp water to form a thickening mixture. Stir the amaranth mixture into the blueberry mixture. Simmer for 1 minute until thickened, carefully stirring into blueberries mixture with a fork. Remove from heat and let cool completely before pouring onto tortillas (or other food dish).
- Yields: ½ cup